Glad to see this one here. I’ve always loved swimming, and enjoy it’s combination of high energy expenditure combined with low impact:
You will burn 892 calories per hour!
For a low impact, high results sport look no further than swimming. This seemingly effortless activity burns hundreds of calories, literally, without you breaking a sweat.
The many swimming strokes will help you get different types of aerobic exercise and will provide a new challenge to master. One drawback is that you need access to swimming pool.
According to LifeHack.org besides losing weight, swimming offers many health benefits like:
- Swimming improves muscle definition and strength
- Swimming builds up bone mass
- Swimming reduces inflammation
- Swimming can improve exercise-induced asthma
- Swimming lowers stress and depression
- Swimming can make you smarter
Pay attention: Just swim a few laps in the pool every day, and you’ll see a noticeable difference in your fitness level and waistline without any damage to your knees or ankles.