4. Develop a Weight Plan Early In The Pregnancy, Or Before
It’s normal and expected to gain weight during pregnancy. Most of this weight gain happens in the second and third trimesters. At these stages, it’s almost impossible for the woman to control her weight.
Therefore it’s far more desirable to get any weight issues sorted out very early in the pregnancy or even better, before it. Weight loss before pregnancy is a lot easier than weight loss in pregnancy!
It’s always a good idea to keep your doctor in the loop at this time and possible a dietitian as well. Studies have shown that women who receive qualified medical advice before conception or early in the pregnancy have much smaller weight gains in the third trimester.
We can conclude that:
- Weight loss in pregnancy is certainly possible in the early stages
- Weight loss becomes increasingly more problematic in the second and third trimesters
- Planning ahead is highly beneficial
- Above all though, don’t obsess about weight loss in pregnancy. Stressing about it will not be helpful. The most important thing is that you and the baby stay healthy
Next Article: 12 Everyday Foods That Can Be Toxic